In the Japanese school system children who have turned six years old start elementary school in April. School attendance is compulsory for all for six years of elementary school and three years of junior high school.
- Elementary schools operate on a trimester system.
The first trimester extends from April to July,
The second from September to December,
The third from January to March.
- There is a set timetable for each day of the week, and Saturdays and Sundays are holidays.
- Eid-ul-fitr holidays 26th June – 27th June
- Eid-ul-Adha holidays 1st September-3rd September
- Golden Week 1st May- 5th May
- Summer break 24th July- 31st August
- Winter break 25th December- 5th January
- Only 2 extra holidays in the yearly calendar ( Eid-ul-fitr) compared to a regular Japanese elementary school calendar.
- Exams after every term (3 terms in Total) and after every exam, Result and PTA meeting. Timings will be allocated for Grade 1 and Grade 2 as it is a regular school day for Students.
- All the Japanese public holidays are in effect for IISO
- Calendar may change with prior notice.
Calendar Events for 2017/2018
|Thu, Apr 6||School Semester||1st Day of School-Orientation|
|Fri, Apr 7||School Semester||Orientation|
|Mon, May 1- Fri, May 5||School Holidays||Golden Week Holiday|
|Mon, Jun 26- Tue, Jun 27||School Holidays||Eid-Ul-Fitr|
|Wed, Jun 28||School Semester||Eid-ul-Fitr party|
|Mon, Jul 10- Fri, Jul 14||Examination||Examination|
|Wed, Jul 19||School Semester||Result and Summer Vacation Homework|
|Mon, Jul 24- Thu, Aug 31||School Holidays||Summer vacations|
|Fri, Sep 1- Sun, Sep 3||School Holidays||Eid-ul-Adha|
|Mon, Sep 4||School Semester||1st Day of School- 2nd term + Eid-ul-Adha party|
|Mon, Dec 11- Fri, Dec 15||Examination||Examination|
|Tue, Dec 19||School Semester||Result & Parent Teachers meeting|
|Mon, Dec 25- Fri, Jan 5||School Holidays||Winter Vacation|
|Mon, Jan 8||School Semester||1st Day of School-3rd Term|
|Fri, Mar 2- Thu, Mar 29||Examination||Examination|
|Sat, Mar 31||School Holidays||Result +Graduation Ceremony|